Sunday, February 5, 2012

Spinach Dip & Pumpernickel Bread





It's game day! This calls for a yummy appetizer...Enjoy!

Makes 4 Cups of Dip...Prep. Time 10 Minutes...Chill Time: 2 Hours

1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, cooked, cooled and squeezed dry
1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
1 cup Hellman's Real Mayonnaise
1 Package Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
3 green onions, chopped (optional)

Combine all ingredients and chill about 2 hours. Serve with your favorite dippers.

Serving Tip: I like to hollow out a Pumpernickel Loaf, fill with dip and place on a cheese board. Use the leftover bread to dip, add crackers, pepper jack cheese, pepperoni and some mixed veggies for a yummy assortment.

I'll be sure to add a picture of the final product later today...didn't want you guys to miss out on the recipe just in case you were still searching for something easy for tonight's big game! Go Pats!

Added 2/7/12
Pumpernickel Bread Recipe seen here.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I saw this before the super bowl! Looks amazing! I am going to have to make this for my next event:) Yum!

    ReplyDelete