Monday, April 23, 2012

Recessionista Part I

Men's Button Down Shirt: Salvation Army, Jeans: American Eagle, Shoes: Aldo, Umbrella: Target
Please excuse my wrinkly, vintage shirt, friends. I've been snuggled up with Brooklyn reading Fifty Shades of Grey allll afternoon and boy, it's just getting good. ;) Great book so far, can't wait to read on.

As promised, this week, I will be sharing some vintage/thrifted finds that I am currently obsessing over. Today it is all about the button-down men's shirt. Button downs are huge right now! They can be found everywhere, in all colors and styles. This top is perfect to dress up, dress down, for work, and/or a casual night out with friends. You do not have to break the bank for this classic piece! Please! Don't do it. Thrift stores and consignment boutiques are jam-packed with a wide variety of men's shirts. I purchased this fantastic find for $3.99! $3.99!!! ((Sigh)) A recessionista's dream.


These similar designs can be found in retail stores ranging in price from $45-$88!! Take my advice, even if you are weary of it (and I KNOW a ton of you are) and go check out your local vintage boutique!
Today's photo bloopers...

          

5 comments:

  1. Hot! Hot! Hot! and that is most definitely a bargain..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too precious, my dear. I pretty much adore you and I am so happy i found your blog. You are so beautiful and very talented.
    It would mean the world to me, if you'd check out my latest post!
    XoXo
    Morgan
    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo you look amazing. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my resort style post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously need another button up... I have a chambray shirt that I wear all the time... I think I need some colored button ups... obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classic shirt and I love the price even more. Wooho for thrifting. I always find that thrift stores have a lot of these classic button ups!
    - Gaby
    From Rags to Glam

    ReplyDelete