Wednesday, July 4, 2012

raspberry.almond.cake


This 4th of July I made two deliciously healthy dairy/grain/gluten free desserts. I added my own sugar-y glaze to the second one and found it added just the right kick of sweetness that my first attempt was lacking. Find this great summer recipe here. Did you look? Come on, go...now. Read it! You will learn so much! I greatly appreciate Caitlin's way with words and her beautiful photography...perfection.

Simple Sugar Glaze
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2-4 tablespoons water
Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix until smooth and of desired consistency (a thick syrup). Drizzle over cooled cake.

3 comments:

  1. Charlene, thanks for posting this delicious cake recipe! I am going to give it a whirl! Luv ya! Auntie Kelly ~The Greeley Girls~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that this is healthy makes me die. FOOD LUST!

    xo,
    Lela
    Enter to WIN my Havaianas SHOE Competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, can you send some of that over my way?? Looks so yummy! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete